are crickets and roaches only staples?

L

lar20

hey im thinking of getting a beardie soon but i was wondering if theres anything less repulsive you can feed your beardie as their insect staple? lol also if anybody could post a really good bearded dragon care sheet that would be great

breanna-banana13

is a pirate
i know they can eat supers (not sure if for a staple) but they are even more repulsive than crix IMO.. kinda comes with the territory of feeding live... i used to hate crix with a passion but now its like "whatever"

as far as a care sheet, i know a member on here the kooliest had a few of them (links on his profile). but as always do your research and look around, eveyone is gonna give you something different. you have to use your judgement and do what you think is best (ask around also !)

Joes108

Superworms can be used as a staple for dragons over 16 inches long if the dragon is not bigg enough the dragon can become impacted from the supers. I use pheonix worms as the staple for my smaller dragon. Pheonix worms require pretty much no mantince to take care of. Another good staple is silkworms but I have not had any luck finding any supplier that can keep them in stock

SnakeKeeper

Phoenix worms, silk worms, and locusts are also great staple feeders. I agree with above posters on superworms, but I prefer phoenixes or silks due to higher chitin content in superworms.

Butterworms and hornworms are both very high in calcium and work as great staples for younger beardies, but for adults I might consider feeding something else in addition due to the fat content.

Personally, my favorite caresheet is the one at BD.org.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/caresheet/

The forums at BD.org are also amazing. It's a really great, helpful community. No beardie owner should be without a BD.org account. :)
http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/

Visit our friends