Best cheapest heat tape and thermostat

Glass_

Arranging Heat Tape to Rack/Best heat tape, thermostat

What is the best and cheapest website for buying heat tape and thermostat?
Also how do you attach heat tape to the back of a rack so that all of the tubs get the same amount of heat if you were using a three-inch heat tape?

Last edited:

roger

What is the best and cheapest website for buying heat tape and thermostat?
Also how do you attach heat tape to the back of a rack so that all of the tubs get the same amount of heat if you were using a three-inch heat tape?

are u talking back heat or belly heat ??

Glass_

I've heard dimmers are less reliable than thermostats so I'm looking for thermostats and not rheostats or dimmers.

I have this one... was a little cheaper when i bought it, but still a good price.
So far so good.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTP...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1294008718&sr=1-1
That looks good, it's definitely cheaper than the other ones I saw at Amazon, but Amazon doesn't sell heat tape, and it's much simpler if I buy the heat tape and the thermostat from the same place.

Joao

v Snowflake v
edit* didnt realize it was for a rack.

You can still buy from 2 different places. your not paying shipping on that thermostat with amazons "free super saver shipping"

Last edited:

Glass_

edit* didnt realize it was for a rack.

You can still buy from 2 different places. your not paying shipping on that thermostat with amazons "free super saver shipping"

Lolz yeah I didn't see that shipping thing. That looks like the cheapest one around, I think I'll go for that one.

I'm still not sure how to arrange the heat tape for my rack, though. It's going to be about 32 inches tall by 25 inches across. On two rows there will be three 5 quart containers, and on three rows there will be two 15 quart containers. Sort of like this:

| 5qt | 5qt | 5qt|
| 5qt | 5qt | 5qt|
| 15 qt. | 15 qt. |
| 15 qt. | 15 qt. |
| 15 qt. | 15 qt. |

Hopefully that helps. >___>

Visit our friends