Best UTH

ncbeast

My son will be getting a 40 gallon breeder tank and dividing it in two habitates. I am looking for the best UTH for this. I have already decided we are going to up size it and go with a UTH for a 50-60 gallon 11" X 17" but not sure which brand is the best. I know I will not be getting a Zoo Med even though they do not make one in this size anyway (having trouble getting the one I have up to temp). Several are 20 watts but others are 22 and 25 watts. I was thinking of the 25 watt just to make sure there is enough heat. I can always get a dimmer if it gets too hot. Will be using about a 1/8" of sand just to level and stabilize the 1/4" slate on top of it. Also would like it to heat enough where I do not have to use any heat lights.

Cobra - 20 watts
Flukers - 20 watt
Ultratherm - 22 watt
Exo-Tera - 25 watt

Please help!!!

Thanks
Greg & AJ

RAlbrecht

Gecko Medic
Why not just buy some flex-watt heat tape, and make your own UTH with a smaller thermostat then you could the back side of the tank as the warm spot... Flex-watt costs around $2.50-3.00 a foot and you could get a small rheo-stat/thermo-stat for $30. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the heat on either side. Just a suggestion

Visit our friends