Bigger terrarium -- need lighting/heating advice

Insubordinate

I just purchased a 48x18x18 sliding glass door terrarium for my two leopard geckos (one is 5 years, one is 1 1/2 years, both female).
They are currently housed in a 20 gallon (20x10x13) screen top (which came with the geckos when I adopted them from a friend of a friend) and a 75w night glo light.

After purchasing the bigger terrarium, I went to the pet store to ask questions on what I should need. They insisted I use a 150w basking light for one side, and a 100w basking light for the opposite side with a UTH in the middle. Does anyone have anything to say about this? Any other possibilities come to mind?

The terrarium will be in my room -- where i sleep.

thanks in advance! :)

wakeskate420

I have a 48x18 aquarium and I use a ultratherm uth that is 11x23 and it heats perfectly in the mid 90s even through 1/4 inch glass. I do use a small red light for viewing purposes only, Also if you do decide to look into the ultratherms you can find them on beanfarm.com (the cheapest I found) hope this helps!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Insubordinate

I got the largest UTH I could from the store (I would have gone with ultratherm, but couldn't wait). The temps in my terrarium are perfect with the UTH and the 75w night glo in the middle. Thanks a ton!

Visit our friends