Breeding setup for my leopard geckos?

maggiee22195

Hey, so I am getting some new leopard geckos. First off I need to know, if I breed my male tremper jungle albino to a female tangelo what will the offspring be? I was told that some would be sunglows.

I have a 3 drawer breeding rack that I just setup and I was wondering, will these bins be big enough to house 2 leopard geckos who are going to breed? Please let me know... The dimensions are L-21 1/2 inches, w-13 inches, H-7 inches

Also... what do you think of my two breeding projects? I am going to be breeding:

Tremper Jungle Albino X Tangelo

Enigma Tangerine X Tangerine

What do you think???:D

The male tangerine is the 3rd pic.
The female tangelos are the 4th and 5th pics... Which one should I choose??
The female enigma tangerine is the last pic. What do you think of her?

Jordan

the set up and boxes are fine.

however i dont think you need to worry about breeding just yet, your tangerine is way to young by the looks of it.
also i suggest not getting an enigma until you have had leopard geckos a whilke and become more experienced as enigmas have some serious neurological issues and so require experienced care.

maggiee22195

Those are just examples. I know what I am doing when it comes to breeding size and age. It wont be for another month until I get them. I only asked the questions I did because I wanted those ansqered. Please do not reply unless you are going to answer what I asked. I don't need other people critisizing me and my leopard geckos. If you would answer the other questions I asked that would be helpful.
What kind of care do enigmas need. Please explain in further detail.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Honestly I would suggest doing a forum search on enigma syndrom and read read read. No one was criticizing your geckos, just your lack of experience or due dilligence before getting into breeding.

Jordan

i wasnt criticizing, i just think its going to be a lot more helpful and beneficial for YOU AND YOUR GECKOS if you wait to gain a bit more experience in keeping leopard geckos before going into breeding.
and if i believe there is a more important matter at hand than your questions, like how you shouldn't go for an enigma without knowing all the issues surrounding them, then i WILL reply.

No need to be so rude to the people trying to help you.

Reborn

I agree with the others RESEARCH is your friend. If you dont know what you'd get from crossing morphs you need to research more. A tangelo is a SHTCTxa tremper albino. Tangelo x Tremper would get you other tangelos, trempers, and possibly sunglows(tho Tangleos really are sunglows with more orange color, if i remember right) A sunglow is just a albino SHTCT(from any albino gene)

Enigmas shouldnt just be bred instantly. They have problems, they may not show signs right away but anywheres down the line they can. I have a tremper engima who showed no signs what so ever, now she's nearing a year old shes starting to suck at aim and wobble around. She was just fine before but now signs are showing. She's one from Gerrick DeMeyer, he said himself that his first male showed no signs but later down the line some of his offspring did. Its completely random and not something to be taken lightly. If signs are shown your not suppose to breed them as its more common for the babies to show signs.

Agian RESEARCH is key. Just know what your getting into. Btw i cant see your pics so i cant give ya a oppion on them.

Jordan

just to add to what was said above. And without sounding rude or disrespectful i disagree with what was said about the tangelo's.
i belive the tangelo's are Ron Trempers line of Tangerine Albino's. And i dont think they are super hypo.
I think to get sunglows from tangelo's its gonna require line breeding less and less pattern.
and i dont suggest getting into a project that requires line breeding as it can take a hilw and as mentioned, by others i dont think your ready.

Reborn

just to add to what was said above. And without sounding rude or disrespectful i disagree with what was said about the tangelo's.
i belive the tangelo's are Ron Trempers line of Tangerine Albino's. And i dont think they are super hypo.
I think to get sunglows from tangelo's its gonna require line breeding less and less pattern.
and i dont suggest getting into a project that requires line breeding as it can take a hilw and as mentioned, by others i dont think your ready.

They are from Ron Tremper, i just didnt feel like going in depth with it.:main_laugh: Tangelos are strickly tremper super hypo tangerings weather they have carrot tail or not isnt a huge thing i dont think. Sunglows are any of the albino genes crossed with SHTCT. I think some kinda carrot tail is needed in them(someone correct me if im wrong them but all the sunglows ive seen have some kinda carrot tail) Sunglows are definatly line bred. Alot of work goes into creating them.

Didnt sound rude or nothing:main_thumbsup: just didnt feel like explaining it to much. In theory a tangelo to a tremper could create a sunglow unlikely but possible(just wouldnt be the best lookin one; which would be the steping stone to line breeding that morph)

maggiee22195

I am ready to breed. I know about temps. care, feeding and everything. I just don't know everything about the morphs. Once I know about the morphs I will be fine. I know there are morphs and if you breed one to another depending on the ressesive and dominant and co-dominant stuff you have a chance of getting X% of a certain morph and so on. I was just asking what the chances are of me getting sunglows. I didn't know about the tangelo being an albino tangerine and such. But again, I know what I am doing regarding the care and health, so I don't know why I am being told that I am not ready because I don't know what morph will give what percent chance of being sunglow or tangerine.

Brewboy74

Gecko Power
Don't take this the wrong way please. The questions that you are asking make it sound as if you don't have much experience with leos. You have every right to do what you want with your geckos. We are just trying to point out an obvious point.

You also made it sound as if those were your geckos already with a breeding setup ready to go. So the inference Jordan made is an easy one to make and done with the safety of the animals in mind. Breeding that young can be at best life shorting and at worst deadly for the gecko.

Jordan

I am ready to breed. I know about temps. care, feeding and everything. I just don't know everything about the morphs. Once I know about the morphs I will be fine. I know there are morphs and if you breed one to another depending on the ressesive and dominant and co-dominant stuff you have a chance of getting X% of a certain morph and so on. I was just asking what the chances are of me getting sunglows. I didn't know about the tangelo being an albino tangerine and such. But again, I know what I am doing regarding the care and health, so I don't know why I am being told that I am not ready because I don't know what morph will give what percent chance of being sunglow or tangerine.

Because take it from more experienced people these questions show that you dont have enough knowledge and understanding to be ready to go into breeding.
Look im 17 years old as well and understand how you feel and how you want to get into it, but trust me and all the others that say so, just wait a year or so. Youve only owned one leopard gecko, so when you get loads of hatchlings you are going to be overloaded. Youve only taken care of one gecko in one state of health, so when your females stop eating and get low on fat and calcium from laying your going to be overloaded. Just please listen to us, we are not trying to tell you, you cant breed, but from your threads and questions, we all strongly think that you have not acquired enoug knowledge of the species, morphs, varying personalities and needs of individual leos, hatchling/sub adult/adult care, egg care, breeding care, genetics... etc..

Jordan

Don't take this the wrong way please. The questions that you are asking make it sound as if you don't have much experience with leos. You have every right to do what you want with your geckos. We are just trying to point out an obvious point.

You also made it sound as if those were your geckos already with a breeding setup ready to go. So the inference Jordan made is an easy one to make and done with the safety of the animals in mind. Breeding that young can be at best life shorting and at worst deadly for the gecko.

Cheers for chipping in, lol, ive just basically said the same thing straight after you lol, you posted your while i must have been typing.

Reborn

thats the thing, so many people rush into breeding and dont know the morphs. So people end up with normals het this or that or even worse albinos het albinos. Care is only part of it, its never as simple as putting a male with the girls, sometimes the girls dont like the male and fight with him. Sometimes the males are aggressive with the girls. Obviosly there not housed together perminatly but the short time with mating could cause a tail lose or bad wounds. Researsh is your friend, like i said. I've had my leos for some time, and just now started breeding them, I spent alot of time research morphs and such and now feel comfortable enough to try breeding. You can think you know everything but more and more info on morphs pops out. New morphs are coming out. Plus its facisnating to see all the other colorations. it cant hurt to reseach, ya know?

Just coz you think your ready to breed doesnt mean your geckos are. So you'll have them in a month? well that one is far to young, the engima definatly looks to young and the other too look on the thinner side for breeding. just coz they hit the 50 gram mark doesnt mean you should breed them right away.

Reborn

Because take it from more experienced people these questions show that you dont have enough knowledge and understanding to be ready to go into breeding.
Look im 17 years old as well and understand how you feel and how you want to get into it, but trust me and all the others that say so, just wait a year or so. Youve only owned one leopard gecko, so when you get loads of hatchlings you are going to be overloaded. Youve only taken care of one gecko in one state of health, so when your females stop eating and get low on fat and calcium from laying your going to be overloaded. Just please listen to us, we are not trying to tell you, you cant breed, but from your threads and questions, we all strongly think that you have not acquired enoug knowledge of the species, morphs, varying personalities and needs of individual leos, hatchling/sub adult/adult care, egg care, breeding care, genetics... etc..

agreed. People assume they'll only get a few babies and they can sell them easily but chances are they end up with 15 hungry babies that need homes. :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends