Bringing in a new gecko

lilmike

so i was thinking about getting a new gecko but i didnt know if i should put in with the two geckos that have already been in the cage for a year :main_huh: i was wondering if putting a new one in with the others would be a bad idea or not since the other two have had a while to make that there home.

lilmike

the two now is male and female and my cage his homemade but the size of the tank is 2'x3' i know its larger than 20 gallons and im thinking of another female

Bubba_da_leo

Should be alright just look out for any signs of aggression and provide many hiding spots.
Someone correct me if im wrong.

fl_orchidslave

In the captive reptile world, quarantine refers to various measures taken to prevent contagious diseases/parasites from being spread from a new animal to our established pets. This is done by isolating it in it's own enclosure for a period of around 60 days, or more if there turns out to be a health issue. Ignoring this step this puts healthy animals at risk of exposure to potentially deadly illnesses which could be avoided with a proper quarantine.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Just to add to what Laney said, not only putting the new animal in it's own enclosure for the quarintine period so there is no direct contact between the new leo and the existing leos, but also making sure you wash your hands etc before you handle your other herps as well 'cause gunk from the new leo could travel on you to the other leos.

Visit our friends