Building own rack...HELP!

Eko/Kim

Hi Everyone,

Nearly finished with a racking system just a few details I'm not sure about! Any help would be awesome! really stuck.....:main_huh:

For the shelves, I have got heat mats on lats of pine, I understand that pine isn't good for reptiles. As the pine is under the tubs not in with them is this a problem? Otherwise, I've heard I can paint it with melamine paint? Is that correct? I'd rather be safe than sorry....How long do I have to leave it after it's painted before it's safe to put the reptiles in?

I need to attach the heat mats to the pine, anybody got any Ideas what I could use? I was thinking double sided tape......

And finally, it hasn't really worked out as planned so have to add more lats of pine in between the existing lats to provide extra support to the tubs and heat mats, was thinking of using glue to attach those together. so need glue for wood that will do well in high temps and humidity and stick fast.....Was thinking Epoxy, is that safe for reptiles or anybody know of anything better?

Kim

Terrain_pull up

I would think regular wood glue would also work as well. The general rule for glues, paints and sealers seems to be to let it stand until you can't smell the fumes any more before placing the geckos in the area.

Visit our friends