Cage size

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
So I have always kept my leos in a minimum of a 10 gallon tank but recently my crested gecko passed away and I was wondering if I could keep a leo in his tank on its side?
The tank is a zoo med 12x12x18 its a equivalent to a 10 gallon and I could just turn it on its side and have the cage door either opening down or up in the air.....
Any thoughts on this? Too small maybe not enough room after hides and everything?

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
It might work, but why not just get another 10 and keep the exoterra as an extra setup? Who knows, you might need it for something else.
Thats a very good point and taking this and the fact that I just remembered I have a spare 10 gallon sitting in the garage i'm just going to use it and save the zoo med!

What killed the crestie? I'd be most worried about passing something along to your leo.

Its a quite odd, sad story about my crestie.....I have the fake plants that you suction cup onto the sides along with some branches that I had gotten outside (yes I did freeze them) and the suction cup branch he was on popped off, he came down with it backwards still holding on and landed on a branch and a stick went into the back of his head.....I was devastated.:(

Visit our friends