Can you tell me the Genetic makeup ???

josh1810

Im thinking about getting a Banana Blizzard Female Leo, to breed to my Blizzard Eclipse HET tremper Male.

Does anyone know the genetics of the banana blizzard are, I tried to look it up on a Genetic Calculator and I couldn't find that morph...

Thanks

josh1810

RE:

so will I get Banana Blizzards out of him with that pairing ?

Also how will I know what they are? Will they have that large amount of yellow on them?

Thanks.

GeckoCrossing

You won't get Banana Blizzards from the pairing above.

50% Blizzard double het Eclipse, Murphy Patternless
50% Blizzard triple het Tremper Albino, Eclipse, Murphy Patternless

That is what you would get. And I did just like a Genetics Calculator that you could use to figure out for yourself...

DrCarrotTail

You will know that all the offspring will be blizzard. You will also know they are het for eclipse and Murphy's patternless. You will have no idea if they are het for Tremper Albino unless you prove them to be.

They can be proven by breeding them to a pure tremper - if there are albinos then the gecko is het, if no albinos you can be relatively sure that it is not het. However, there's always a small chance you are just super unlucky and didn't get an albino when the gene is there. The more non-albinos produced the smaller the chance.

The only way to get a banana blizzard in a single year of breeding would be to purchase two banana blizzards or purchase one banana blizzard and one het for all the banana blizzard traits.

Visit our friends