Changing substratey

artnic93

Love thy Gecko
I have been pondering lately as to whether I should put my Leo back on coconut fiber as a substrate again. When he was little he ingested some and prolapsed twice so I have had him on paper towels the last couple of months. Now that he's older I was wondering if it would be alright to try using the coconut fiber again? He likes to dig in it but idk whether it would be a good idea or not. What do you all think?

Bbugs

Animal Addict
I have heard bad things about coconut fiber. In my opinion, you should get him slate or another tile. It still looks natural and is completely safe.

prettyinpink

Slate is good. Looks nice and keeps the temp good.

I used to use reptile carpet, then I heard horror stories and took it out. I've had problems with stuck nails, them getting parts of it in their mouth when they bite their feeders, ect.

Also it's annoying to get temps right with it if you're using it for leos with a UTH.

Joao

v Snowflake v
Slate is good. Looks nice and keeps the temp good.

I used to use reptile carpet, then I heard horror stories and took it out. I've had problems with stuck nails, them getting parts of it in their mouth when they bite their feeders, ect.

Also it's annoying to get temps right with it if you're using it for leos with a UTH.

Yup ... I hated repticarpet and im sure snowflake did too... she would always get her mouth stuck in it while trying to catch crickets, and it seemed like she had trouble walking on it (her feet would get stuck).

I put down some tile and its a lot better and easier to clean.

artnic93

Love thy Gecko
Oh goodness...I dont want any of that, he doesnt eat feeders because his aim is horrible, but stuck claws doesnt sound pleasant at all.
Might stick with paper towels, and get tile when I have a little bit more money.
Thank you everyone.
:)

Visit our friends