Cheap thermostat

Russellm0704

I need to buy a thermostat for my rack and another for my incubator, all the reptile thermostats seem so expensive , can I just use an outlet thermostat from home depot that is 25 bucks?

sunshinegeckos

You pay for quality when it comes to thermostats. You want one that is going to be accurate especially for your incubator. I personally wouldn't but if you do I would test it out before you have any eggs in the incubator or any geckos in the rack.

Destiny

Desert Snow Gecko
Helix is best.. but if you want to save some money.. The ZooMed 500R isn't TOOOOO pricey and there are people that SWEAR by them.. I have a helix it's on my rack right now... I will use it on my incubator when I am done building it. Then I will put the rack on a dimmer I think.. Or get a zoomed.

Buying used can sometimes help out with cost just make sure it works.

sunshinegeckos

for my one rack I am using a Rheostat by Zoomed but its not really all that accurate. I would definitely not use it for an incubator but you can try it out on the rack. Its about $20 at PetSmart. The Incubators I am getting have built in Thermostats. Helix is good I hear. I am thinking about getting one for my other rack and will be using it for my hatchling racks.

msebar

I just bought one of these

Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat For Heat Mats
Sold by: EPA Logistics Inc DBA Obzo.com
Condition: new
Quantity: 1
$28.84 each
Item subtotal: $28.84

Here is a link. Just so you know I sell on amazon so I use my link whenever I can. A dollar here and a dollar there adds up to 2 bucks. LOL My 90G tank should be up next week. I will send pics when done. If you don't want to use the top link you can use the bottom one. They both go to the same place just the top one makes me 4%. I could have gotten it cheaper but I purchase 7 other items from OZBO so my 8 items cost me 11.00 shipping for Fedex express. Not bad.

Does anyone have any feedback on this unit. I ordered one but haven't tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...217145&creative=399369&creativeASIN=B000NZZG3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000NZZG3S/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

grboxa

I personally have the zoomed500r, in my case it works well for me I would recommend it but I would def purchase the above thermostat msebar mentioned ^ over it just because you have digital temperature with the 500r you dont.

Visit our friends