Choices of substrate Help!

leo_kid_21

Hello im thinking on buying tile for my 20 gallon long tank but i dont know what one? can sombody give me a link to homedepo or somwhere ASAP because every day is a risk... Also im using an undertank heater and would that get through the substrate warm enough for the leo?

Thanks

grboxa

tile is one of if not the best choice as substrate because of its heat retention. Usually it can get to hot!, so make sure you purchase a thermostat. Link is not necessary just go down to any hardware store and pick any slate tile you want theres no right or wrong :), id go with slate as it is rough with more natural feel and looks awsome if you get a really nice looking piece. Ceramic is fine alot of people use it I just hear alot of people complain about having no traction.

tile is one of if not the best choice as substrate because of its heat retention. Usually it can get to hot!, so make sure you purchase a thermostat. Link is not necessary just go down to any hardware store and pick any slate tile you want theres no right or wrong :), id go with slate as it is rough with more natural feel and looks awsome if you get a really nice looking piece. Ceramic is fine alot of people use it I just hear alot of people complain about having no traction.

I have often wondered about the tile possibly getting too hot. We're thinking of switching to it from our coco-fiber since it's obviously easier to clean, but I have been so paranoid about that. A lot of people said they love it though, so you just have to monitor the temps a little more closely?

leo_kid_21

I have often wondered about the tile possibly getting too hot. We're thinking of switching to it from our coco-fiber since it's obviously easier to clean, but I have been so paranoid about that. A lot of people said they love it though, so you just have to monitor the temps a little more closely?

Im using coco- fiber right now.. but when it eats string usualy gets stuck in its mouth. I have some at my dads house so i might get that. Could it be ok for filling the cracks with coco fiber!

Visit our friends