Cleaning "Furniture" in the Tank

Spots

New occupant in the tank....

I was just wondering what I use to clean the furniture in the tank with? (hides, climbing wall, fake plants, water dishes, etc). If I use a 10% bleach mixture, will it fade the colours of the furniture?

Also, I have a second level in my tank...do I need to bake the wood that was used to make the second level (home hardware stuff...not wood from outside)

How do I clean the climbing wall as well? (styrofoam)

They need a sticky about all this cleaning stuff lol I searched it up and was just not as successful. Thanks in advance

NCleopardgeckos

I would just use 10% bleach, rinse it out REALLY well, and let it sit out in the sun for a few days. It shouldn't discolor anything, I've used it on fish tank gravel and decor, and it was fine.

For the second level, is there anything like glue holding it together? Baking the wood with anything like glue holding it together would make it a oozy mess, so I would hold off on that. I would just take it out and clean it with bleach like you would everything else.

For the climbing wall, is the styrofoam sealed? With grout and everything? If yes, then also clean that with bleach also. But you have to make sure you have to rinse it out really well, and let it fully dry out in the sun for a few days, then rinse it again.

bongo1980

Billy
cleaning

hi, i use bactericidal cleaning disinfectant for reptiles to clean everything in my vivarium just spray it all down and wipe it off

Spots

I would just use 10% bleach, rinse it out REALLY well, and let it sit out in the sun for a few days. It shouldn't discolor anything, I've used it on fish tank gravel and decor, and it was fine.

For the second level, is there anything like glue holding it together? Baking the wood with anything like glue holding it together would make it a oozy mess, so I would hold off on that. I would just take it out and clean it with bleach like you would everything else.

For the climbing wall, is the styrofoam sealed? With grout and everything? If yes, then also clean that with bleach also. But you have to make sure you have to rinse it out really well, and let it fully dry out in the sun for a few days, then rinse it again.

The second level is put together with screws so I could take it apart to bake it. What is better to do? Bake it (how?) or just bleach it?

Visit our friends