Cleaning products

F

frenchfries

I got a new tank from Petco so I used a water and bleach solution and rinsed until the smell was gone and let it dry for like a day. I then purchased a product called "Healthy Habitat" which claims to be safe for reptiles and has good reviews. I used a lot of it to go over the tank once more to make sure it was clean and it kind of smells like the product, is that okay and not harmful for my gecko that comes in tomorrow? I plan on spraying it once more to get the smudges off the tank, if I use to much of it will it become harmful? It leaves a smell behind and I'm just paranoid that it will be harmful for my gecko lol.

fl_orchidslave

Healthy Habitat is a good, safe product to use. The smell does not harm animals and dissipates quickly. Of course you won't want to leave any wet areas your gecko could lick.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Bleach is also a safe product to use as it dries to salt (thats why its used in preschool etc) ... the fumes tho are very harmful to most animals and kill a gecko or even a rabbit from what I hear... I always use it, let it dry overnight and then it's all good. Never used the habitat cleaner you mentioned so can't comment there. In our house it's either bleach or white vinegar.

Visit our friends