Compatibility problems

valknut79

OK, so I went to my first reptile show with the GF (who came home with a cute little crestie). I came home with a new leo, who I hoped to add to my 24'x18'x18' tank that I just put my first leo in about 2 weeks ago. I'm 99.9% sure that they're both female, and both are adults, but the very first thing that my old gecko did was walk right up to the newcomer and bite her. I separated them immediately, and he waited for the newcomer to walk over near her, and then the first gecko bit the newcomer again. Now the baby is sitting in a shoebox.

The old gecko hasn't lived with others in the same tank as her since she was a baby (a year ago), so that might have something to do with it, but does anyone have any compatibility tips for me, or is this thing just not going to work out for these two?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
A. QUARENTINE IS MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO WITH ANY NEW ANIMAL.
B. Get yourself a 10 gallon, 2 hides moist (on warm side) and cold, a water bowl, and feeder dish, and a heatmat, put your new gecko in that. For atleast 40 days. Make sure your 100% positive on the sex and make sure they are same age AND SIZE. Before putting them back together.

Last edited:

Visit our friends