Could this work? (heating)

S

Serf

I was thinking of using an incandescent clamp light, a red heat bulb, and a 200 watt lamp dimmer. could this work to be used for some heating?i only use UTHs, but i was thinking about experimenting with heat from bulbs.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I think that would depend on how much heat you needed to make up that your UTH wasn't covering. I think on a regular basis even a red bulb starts to affect the leos eyes. There was a thread posted about someone who actually experimented with it worth a read. If you need to make up temps maybe a ceramic heat emitter would be a better way to go since it produces no light to stress your leo.

Jgreen909

if your leos are eating and defecating than I wouldn't experiment with anything.

+1

Also, Leos absorb most the heat they need thru there bellys so using lamps works well only when it heats a source that they can lay on. If the lamp can heat the floor of the enclosure or the inside of there hides to proper temps without stressing them. I have seen them work but for the money, time and headache it can cause a UTH is simple, cheap and most effective way to supply heat.

Visit our friends