Custom Tank

ryshk003

Quinn
DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

40 gallon tank that I fitted with a polystyrine background used "great stuff" expanding foam to create texture ledges, jig sawed out pieces for stairs that were layered and affixed with liquid nails. All polystyrine was covered in a thick grout mixture and then sealed- some spots that were found bare afterwords were covered with a VOC free slate colored paint.

A plant tray was placed in a cut out section of the polystyrine to create a place to grow desert plants (great for when Marley sheds, he loves to rub against them), which was then covered in smooth aquarium stones.

Ceramic 12x12 tiles for the bottom- spaces between tiles and around perimeter were sealed with aquarium sealant.

My ONE gecko (Marley) is a very spoiled lil man- this is his second, and biggest, custom made vivarium!

Repkyle

I like :) Just hope he doesn't get depresed at the top of them stairs hehe
Does he only have one hide??

And are those plants real? i ask because i'm in the planing stage of my first homemade viv and if it's safe i would like to use plants to.
cool tank :D

LeoIsland

Leo Island
That tank is sweet! I applaude your handy work, and I bet Marley is stoked to have you as an owner. The little rock bath with live plants is an excellent idea. Like stated above, hopefully he doesnt get emotional at the top of the stairs. That would make for a bad day.

Best of luck and I am sure you arent finished yet! Keep us updated!

ryshk003

Quinn
Well...Marley was having some issues with sight for a while (stuck shed) that I realized after I caught him after he tried taking a leap of faith off the top shelf >.< Thankfully I was right there! He usually doesn't venture up that far and now that his sight's improving I think he's good :)

As for the plants- I did some research- though I can't remember exactly what plants those are right now...Originally I had some chicks but the overhead lights burnt them out- the ones in there now are made for dessert terrain. A trip to your local steins or landscape shop should give good options. These I like because they have 'ribs' on them but won't cause him harm when he rubs up against.

As of right now one hide- I'm working on a second one at the moment :)

Repkyle

As for the plants- I did some research- though I can't remember exactly what plants those are right now...Originally I had some chicks but the overhead lights burnt them out- the ones in there now are made for dessert terrain. A trip to your local steins or landscape shop should give good options. These I like because they have 'ribs' on them but won't cause him harm when he rubs up against.

As of right now one hide- I'm working on a second one at the moment :)

Cool, I'll do some research myself. I like the idea :main_thumbsup:

Thanks for shearing, keeps us updated.

Visit our friends