damP paper towels in h-hide?

danny662boy

ok so i switched my substrate from the cofiber to damp papertowels in the humid hide?? is that fine??? just cleaner and they cant eat it at all... just wanna hear some opinions?

Jordan

yeh some of mine have damp paper towels for moist hide. admittedly its not the best but it does its job.
I find it dries up a lot quicker, it doesnt hold the moisture for as long. But works fine. :)

Glass_

Yup it's fine. I use it and they've molted many times with no problems. Just make sure that you switch it when it becomes dry, and it'll become dry more often than other substrate.

danny662boy

ya i figured i'd try it with the girl, she pushes the coco fiber all around her hide and just sits in the middle where its all cleared up, so i figured i'd try this

fl_orchidslave

I like paper towel in the humid hide. They shed just fine, and it's clean. I pour a small amount of water thru the entry hole instead of misting to dampen. Simpler than misting to acheive the same effect. During breeding time the girls will have sphagnum moss.

Jgreen909

I use both paper towels and sphagnum moss. If you want to keep paper towels moist longer, in some of my hides I use a base of moist sphagnum moss then put a moist paper towel over it. The paper towel absorbs the moisture from the moss and stays moist for days. I keep my moist hides on the warm side so the humidity rising also helps to keep them nice and moist thru the moss.

Visit our friends