Demensions on 15qt Tub

KingMixer

King
Can someone please tell me the dimensions for a 15qt tub. I am looking to build a rack and am drawing up the plans now but decided that Ill want to upgrade to 15qt totes so i need to plan accordingly, and don't own any atm. Height, Width, and height please. Verry much appreciated.

theCREECH

I would think.. you would have to know the Brand. I know that there are a lot of 15qt tubs out there, but each one of them differs in the way the lid attaches.. so you would need to know that before you could get exact dimensions

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
According to LLL Reptile's site "size: 17" x 11" x 6" Tubs 76" Rack" but they also say "PLEASE NOTE: THE 15 QUART STERILITE TUBS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED FROM THE MANUFACTURER. PLEASE BE SURE YOU CAN ACQUIRE THE TUBS BEFORE PURCHASING THE RACK, AS WE CAN NO LONGER GET THEM" so you might want to consider another brand for your rack. I'd do a google image search and see what you find then you can get the dimensions from the site advertising the tub.

KingMixer

King
I honestly didnt take into account the fact that there are different tubs with different companys.lol. (dumb) Thanks guys though for helping me. I guess imma just have to go to Wal-Mart and decide which will work best and go from there. I was planning on rubber maid, but now thinking about other possibilitys, what do you use???

And the way Im going to build my rack i decided it will require the tubs to be topless for more convenience, anyone think of this as a bad idea?

And also I am trying to decide whether or not to put a solid back on the rack, s the opening is just in the front instead of back and front like ive seen alot on here. I think if I put a back on it it would look better, but I see ALOT of people what have them have open ends, please shed some light on if there is a difference or not? thanks again = )

Last edited:

theCREECH

I'm not a breeder but since I've been looking around here so much, I've noticed tons of breeders seem to go with no lids..

I would want to hear from them before I would go ahead though. Seems if you design your cage just right you could go topless with no problems. Essentially the shelf about becomes the lid.

Visit our friends