Digging paper out of rock wall

SassyAbi

Hey everyone I recently got the exo terra rock wall background and I set it up in my viv. A few hours later my leo was misssing. After searching my room and nothing turned up I decided to disemble my viv. There he was sitting in the gap made for wires in my rock wall.

Now he must have fit under the little gap they leave to put the wires through and climbed up. So i filled the holes so he wouldnt go up there again. The two gaps are filled with paper towlels. The problem is is that now he keeps trying to dig the paper towel from the gaps I closed he must like it there because its dark and he keeps trying to go back but its blocked up. All I hear is scratching sometimes at night.

Has anyone had their gecko go up the back of their background? And what can I do to provide him with something similar, Im scared he'll go up there n not come out and starve.

Thanks in advance all :)

Srt14292

Est; 1992
I had one of my ball pythons do this for a while he kept getting up the back of the wall and sitting there with his head sticking out the bottom.
You could try taking the wall out, and trimming off the bottom, so its all level, or just turn it up the other way, that way the gecko has no way of getting under the poly wall.

Alternatively you could put something in the way of the two holes that fits directly onto the wall, this will not look as nice but it would be just as effective.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
You could take the background out, fill the holes with brown or black silicone, and then replace it once the silicone cures. I wouldn't be too worried though, most reptiles are built to squeeze into very tight cracks and crevices for their own protection, so if it can get itself into a spot it can most likely get out without assistance. You may be able to discourage the behavior by offering close fitting hides in the cage if you don't already.

SassyAbi

I guess i could fill it in. Now hes not even digging at the paper towels he trying to dig under the actual wall. Will this rip out his nails?

Visit our friends