Divided Tank Picture Request

ncbeast

My son is thinking about upgrading his 10 gallon to a 40 gallon breeder tank and dividing it into 2 habitats. One side will be for the his 10 month old male Leo and the other side will be either 2 female Leos or 2 female fat tails. It would be neat to have the fat tails and do that side more with plants and logs and keep the Leo side with the dessert theme. Just not sure if we could keep the humidity from creepy over to the Leo side.

Anyone have pictures of their divided habitats?

Thanks,
Greg & AJ

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
I don't have a picture, but I think the easiest way to keep the humidity from "creeping" to the desert side would be to buy a piece of plexiglass that fits as tight as possible in the center of the 40 & then use clear silicon to seal & hold the plexi in place. Silicon is waterproof & forms a strong hold. As long as the plexi goes up the the top of the tank, it should keep the humidity away from the leopard gecko side. And even then, a little humidity won't hurt the leo.

ncbeast

Yeah, I am wither going to use plexi or regular glass if Lowe's has it and will cut it for me. I know Lowe's has a clear silicon that is non-toxic but I do not know which one it is. Without me reading every label on each type of silicon there, does anyone know which one there will be ok?

Also still not sure if I want to do the sand and slate or just the vinyl stick on tiles...

Visit our friends