Dividing a 55 gallon tank

ncbeast

Just bought a 55 gallon fish tank off of craigs list for $20. Could not pass it up. Right now have a 1 male Leopard that is about 7" long and is doing pretty well in a 10 gallon tank but want to give him more room and possible adding some females with him or didviding the tank in half and add more Leaopards or something different on the other side.

Plan would be to create a better divider than what the flimsy plastic they sale in pet stores. Thinking of seeing if I can get some glass or thick plexiglass cut the correct size and somehow siliconing it into place where it does not look bad from the front. Maybe siliconing the bottom and the back of the divider and just make sure the front is a tight fit. Any other suggestions for making or buying a good divider and pictures of anyone else who has done this?

Get a big UHT pad and place right in the center for the hot side and the outer side of the tank for the cool side for each side. Then just maybe a 100 watt bulb for the center (may have to play with the watage to get it right) for day and 2 red cfl's for each end for night.

How does this sound?

Thanks,
Greg & AJ

ncbeast

I am having second thoughts about the 55 gal tank I just bought for $20 on craigslist. For one it is going to stick off my son's dresser 3" on each side. Second it just seems too high and not enough floor space after we divide it. I might just try to sale it and see if I can find a 40 gal. Saw one at ******** with the built in sliding mesh top for $99. Do not really want the top at all but they do not sale just a plan 40 gal fish tank with out the fish tank top and lights for $119.....

Visit our friends