Do geckos get more active as they get older?

ggg111

Hi everyone,

I have two females geckos both 4 1/2 months old. They wake up between 7pm and 9pm but usually hang out in either hide just poking their heads out or laying down in their hides, but there eyes are open and the are awake. One of them walks around a bit but mostly they just hang out in their hides and just come out to drink or when I feed them. I wanted to know when they get older if they will be coming out and walking around more at night (or during day, when I sometimes see my girls awake)

Big thanks

lady.gekko

I find as my Geckos get older, I wouldn't say they are more active but they seem to be more comfortable with what's going on around them. Some of my guys will sleep and be out of their hides/huts all day. My one gecko, Cali, really only seems to go into her hides when she's really cold. Most of the time when she sees me, although she always has a dish of worms, she will run towards the door and look at me like she is thinking I'm bringing food. She's not one for handling to much though. My bell female use to never adventure out, now at night she's like a monkey. Her cage is right beside my bed, so when I can't sleep I look over and watch her. Kind of like Gecko-TV. :p So ya, I think it's just a comfort factor. My geckos cages stay in the same room, don't get moved around so they seem to get use to a certain amount of noise, activity etc.

Chupes

I'd say this is probably normal due to like, lady gekko said, they become more comfortable with their surroundings. My two babies often hid all day and only came out to feed. Now that they're getting to be almost a year, they sometimes even sleep outside of their hide during the day or even walk around during the day.

VampyricAngelX

I agree with what others have said. My two boys used to hide a lot when I first got them as babies but now that they're comfortable wit their surroundings I see them out a lot more. Though my female's always slept outside of her hides, I guess it just depends on the gecko.

Visit our friends