does your gecko ignore its humid hide?

JasperStreet

I know nothing
i've only had my leo for about 3 weeks, but so far i haven't seen her set foot inside her humid hide. is she going to be okay during shedding time if she never goes in there?

Revilo

Your gecko will go in the humid hide if he feels the need to. As long as the humid hide is easily accessible and your gecko is shedding properly, I wouldn't worry about it.

JasperStreet

I know nothing
i've only had my gecko for a month, but she hasn't shed yet. how often do the generally shed? i haven't seen her go into her humid hide yet, but she could be going in there at night, of course, and i wouldn't see it.

biggiy05

Determination
i've only had my gecko for a month, but she hasn't shed yet. how often do the generally shed? i haven't seen her go into her humid hide yet, but she could be going in there at night, of course, and i wouldn't see it.

You won't always see a lot of things your gecko does. I didn't see one of mine drink water for almost three years. She could have shed and ate the evidence while you were sleeping.

CYBERICK1

mine doesnt stay out of her humid hide

+1

I made my hide with one of those rubbermaid sandwich "take-a-long" boxes, painted it with some acrylic paint with some cocofiber as substrate and he stays there more than he does as his exo-terra cave with stone tiles as flooring/substrate... funy thing is the sandwich thingy cost me like .99 cents at WalMart and I paid like 8 bucks for the exo-terra hide... :eek:

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
+1

I made my hide with one of those rubbermaid sandwich "take-a-long" boxes, painted it with some acrylic paint with some cocofiber as substrate and he stays there more than he does as his exo-terra cave with stone tiles as flooring/substrate... funy thing is the sandwich thingy cost me like .99 cents at WalMart and I paid like 8 bucks for the exo-terra hide...

hahaha! i know, i paid like ten bucks for her rock hide, and yet, her humid hide is made out of a plastic bowl with a lid. I hot glued fake leaves on it, and put moss it in, and she wont come out of it! little bugger! lol

Latlaw

My girl Sophie has never been in her humid hide that I've ever seen and we watch them a lot. My other 4 go in from time to time. Two of them are in there all them time. Sophie still sheds very efficiently--in front of me--pulling and yanking her shed off. I'm tempted to take the humid hide out except she does like to sit on top of it-go figure! Maybe someday she'll venture in . . . lol

J

Joseph_Riccilia

You won't always see a lot of things your gecko does. I didn't see one of mine drink water for almost three years. She could have shed and ate the evidence while you were sleeping.

+1
Haha This is very true! My girl was shedding one night and the only reason I caught it was because I wasn't sleeping too well and heard some rustling around in her cage, this is also the first time she ate something out of my hand. A piece of shed feel off from the rest so I picked it up and gently touched it to the side of her lips and before I knew it was gone!

TheRed

Two of mine never go in their humid hides, even when they shed. My other gecko spends most of his time in the humid hide, then when he shed went in his normal hide, haha.

A

ameh78

my two adults are... different about the humid hides. my one will go in when it comes time to shed and he sheds much better.. sookeh my big boy has decided he doesnt like his humid hide anymore and i have to give him a bath to get the shed on his nose. i have no idea why all the sudden he has changed. i had to revamp my cage to hold two humid hides but he wouldnt touch the one but now he wont go in the new one either.. little stubborn bugger!

Visit our friends