egg carton as a hide ?

BSM

I saw a little while ago on a breeders youtube page that he was using egg cartons for hides. What due you think about that as the first thing that came to mind to me was what i seen importers due with big cages with multiple animals. At the current moment i have a giant box of egg cartons that were suppose to be used for my roaches but i decided to cut back and use more meal and super worms. Since i seen that i was thinking about possibly using them in my new rake that should be done by next week. I would rather use them then just let them sit in the corner until the spring or whenever i add more feeders.

Bryan

M

mckyle

I think they might be a bit small for a large juvie/adult leo, but I use some egg carton for my juvie crested - she loves them :)

BGalloway

when you say 'egg carton' do you mean the carton for a dozen eggs or the super-sized commercial ones? Either way use the carton for a hide and if it turns out to be too small get creative and make a climbing toy out of it or chop it into pieces and make some sort of hide. You could use a sealant to stick parts together or cut slits into the carton and wedge them together. That's just what I'd do, but all my egg cartons go to my crickets. ;)

BSM

its the commercial ones, im going to see about this when i get home as the person had adult leos under them. These will def be used for my hatch lings this year

Ryun

Lol i knew it would be "thecrestedgecko's" youtube page you were talking about, when i saw the post.

BSM

I ended up using them in one of my 30qt bins for a trio of all females that are about 20 grams and its working well in there for them. It attracts the loose meal worms too :main_thumbsup:

Bryan

Visit our friends