exo terra tank

nbdaley

i just got my new gecko and an exo terra tank. she loves to climb and sleep on the styrofoam background but crickets keep getting stuck behind it. I've tried covering the slits with tape but they keep finding a way. i feel bad for taking it out since she loves it. Should i just take it out or what should i put to block the openings for the crickets to get behind the backing?

jfleegs

First day I put my new Gecko in my exo terra tank it climbed to the top and then the next day she was m.i.a. and finally i checked behind the wall and there she was stuck back there. So I just took it out and placed it behind for the look, but I found it more of a pain to keep it in there. You could also just switch to mealies if you really want to keep the wall.

Last edited:

nbdaley

Mine got back there too one day. now that i covered with tape, she cant get down but crickets still can. now she climbs the wall and lays on top of it!

proBie3

I have 3 exo terra tanks. My first one I got I loved the foam backgroung but I noticed the problems with crickets just like you. I didn't want to get rid of it but eventually I did. Now all 3 of my tanks have a photgraphic background and slate sealed in for the floor.

Visit our friends