Exo Terra UTH

migdem

Hi all,

What should I get a Rainforest or a Desert? I am going to get one for my Leo's. I used to have a 14W but had to use it somewhere else now I need one and going to buy the Exo Terra.

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I've never been happy with exo terra, I have one on my son's ball python tank and it's horrid, it's the desert variety. Do you have any other brands available to you in your area?

migdem

maybe Zoo - med (from Ebay), Reptile one (will be available within 1 month) or something unbranded.

what is the problem with exo terra?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
It just doesn't get warm enough for my liking honestly. It's just a cheap mat and it reflects in it's performance imo. If you're ordering from online you should look at T-Rex brand cobra heat mats or Ultratherm cobra heat mats. Those are the best imo. Here's a link for both:

Ultratherm cobra heat mat: http://www.reptilebasics.com/ultratherm-heat-pads/

T-Rex brand cobra heat mat: http://www.reptiledirect.com/cobraheatmats.aspx

The ultratherm heat mat will have a higher wattage for the same sized mat over the T-Rex brand. For example a 6x11 T-rex cobra is only 7 watts where as a 6x11 ultratherm cobra is 12 watts.

beanfarms and LLLReptile on line also bnoth carry ultratherm and T-Rex cobra mats as well.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
That would be it. IF you're in the UK you'll have a great chance at finding ultratherm as they're a product of Scotland and widely available in the UK from my understanding.

I'm pretty sure Amber was referring to the exo terra.

migdem

Ok will go for ultratherm :) I live in Malta EU so I can get from UK better than getting them from US :)

Then ultratherm it is.

Did you ever use ultratherm with plastic? I need 1 for my roaches.

Visit our friends