Fat tail urates?

LeoGirl575

Hello. Last month I bought a fat tail gecko from a breeder at an expo. She's doing great (she even grew half an inch, even though she's more than 2 yers old), but there's just one thing that concerns me. The first night after I got her, I noticed that her urates were a green colouration. She didn't poop for a little while after that, but the next time, they were still slightly green. I contacted that breeder, and he said that green urates are okay from time to time. So I didn't worry. However, it's been more then a month now, and she only poops once or twice a week, and her urates alternate between yellow (which I read could be from too much calcium, but I only feed calcium every second day), and green (which I read could be organ damage). She acts completely normally other than her weird poops/ pooping schedule... I mean, her poop itself looks like it's squished every time, but I've seen a fresh one, and it's not diarrhea.
When you I start worrying?

(Pics later, I'm on my iPod)

Thanks in advance,
Steph

LeoGirl575

Okay, so for some reason it's not letting me edit.. So let me say a few things..

First, sometimes there are two urates, and one is white, and the other is covered in yellow/green.
AND, before when I said "her urates are green/yellow", I didn't mean the whole urate all the way through was green/yellow, I meant that it was covered in some crystal looking stuff over half the urate, or all of it, if there are two urates in a poop.
The one she had last night was covered in yellow...

Actually, thinking about it now, the yellow ones are a lot more common than the green ones... Really, it's almost always yellow..

Thanks

LeoGirl575

Yeah, the urates are greenish-yellow. Some days they are more green, some days they are more yellow.

Should I start worrying about this? Or should I just stop fretting? Thanks.

cryptid_hunter

I've never seen that before myself, and I have several AFT's.

I'd say the best thing to do, for the benefit of your AFT's health, and so you won't have to worry needlessly, is just take a fresh fecal sample, along with your AFT, to the vet and let the vet do an analysis. It shouldn't take too long, or be too expensive, and then you'll know for sure. And if there is a problem the vet can prescribe a treatment hopefully to straighten her out. And if she gets a clean bill of health you can stop worrying, so win-win, right?

LeoGirl575

Yeah, I could do that.. However, where I live in Canada, I believe it's 75$ to get a fecal done, and since I'm only 14 years old and don't have a job yet (working on it /: ) I don't even have 20$.

Thanks fir the suggestion. :) Maybe if I get some money and an "ok" from my parents, I'll bring in a fecal.

LeoGirl575

Okay, I broke through one of the urates, and the inside is white. It's just covered in some greenish/yellow cristillized coating.. :/

Visit our friends