gecko only laying in his cocunut hide =/

LifeKills11

hey everyone ..well i have a question...i just bought my leopard gecko a new tank. The sticker said it is a 20 long ..but i measured it and its as long as my beardies tank whcih is a 30 long ;)!! anyways i set up everything nice...warm hide ....cool hide..water dish calcium dish blah blah ...i have a cocunut hide a little further away from his warm hide...and he seems to only liike tht one =0 the heat matts under his main warm hide and i was wondering why he isnt under there? the probes under there but ppushd against the bak of it so it doesnt really get in his way..heres a couple pix of the warm side..hes in the coconut during the pik...

pharis028.jpg

pharis027.jpg

so whats the ptoblem? the temps under his warm hide is 90 degrees. im 100% that the coconut hide is not as warm..any opinions? could it be the prob ..? bkuz earlier he was resting his head on it like it wasnt a problem so i dnt know =/

Last edited:

prettyinpink

How long have you had him?

If you just switched up his tank he may be stressing. You could try switching the hides, meaning put the coconut hide on the warm side.

LifeKills11

Tomorow will be 3 months total tht ive had him and hes about 7-8 months....

Hmm yah he could be stressed =/ i think the coconut would be to small to use as him warm hide bkuz i want the probe directly under the hide ..itll bug him bieng tht the prob is large..

Could it also be tht the coconut hide is facing AWAY from the sunlight? and thats why he likes it? I mean i dont let alot of the sun come in ...only barely enoguh so he can tell its day time...Hmm iunno but ima give it a few days ..hell need tht warmth eventually right ? ;)

prettyinpink

Yea, maybe try turning the other hide? I know I had to take some of my guys hides away so they'd go into the other hides :main_rolleyes: then I put the other ones back.

LifeKills11

Yah i think i might try that ...and realLy? hAHAH its like im grounding him!!

"NO COCONUT HIDE FOR YOU MR.PHARIS!, UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO MAKE USE OF THE THINGS YOU SHOULD BE CHERISHING , YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING YOUR COCONUT HIDE BACK!! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" :main_angry:

HAHAHAH :D

LifeKills11

Oh hey by the way does a 20 gl long measure out the same as 30gl long? No rite? Petco must have made a mistake kuz i payed for a 20 gl long bt everything measures out exactly the same as my beardies 30 gl long...

COME UP OR WHAT =]?

roger

hey everyone ..well i have a question...i just bought my leopard gecko a new tank. The sticker said it is a 20 long ..but i measured it and its as long as my beardies tank whcih is a 30 long ;)!! anyways i set up everything nice...warm hide ....cool hide..water dish calcium dish blah blah ...i have a cocunut hide a little further away from his warm hide...and he seems to only liike tht one =0 the heat matts under his main warm hide and i was wondering why he isnt under there? the probes under there but ppushd against the bak of it so it doesnt really get in his way..heres a couple pix of the warm side..hes in the coconut during the pik...

pharis028.jpg

pharis027.jpg

so whats the ptoblem? the temps under his warm hide is 90 degrees. im 100% that the coconut hide is not as warm..any opinions? could it be the prob ..? bkuz earlier he was resting his head on it like it wasnt a problem so i dnt know =/

he is lying there because thats where hes comfortable

Visit our friends