gravid female kicken up dirt?

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
one of my girls has been kicking up dirt lately. scratchin around, and just generally making a mess.

if i remember correctly this behavior is associated with being gravid? right?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Generally... did you breed her? Does she live with a male or do you suspect you might have purchased her gravid?

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
i had a male with her a couple weeks ago.

crazy story...

my little brother was showing my geckos to his friends when i wasnt home. he didnt close the rack my only amel male was in. so, my only amel male disappeared. i am 99% sure his dog ate it. i got rid of his dog.

so, given that my amel male is now gone i am really really hoping that he mated with the female, as it is my only chance for amel babies this season, possibly next season also.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
just fyi, he only had the dog a little more than a week, and he wasnt taking care of it. he is 16, and i am his legal guardian, but didnt have time to take care of the dog. the deal was he had to take care of it or i would get rid of it. the dog eating the gecko wasnt the actual reason i got rid of it (posted on craigslist, its gone to a nice family). but the dog eating the gecko certainly did not make me want to keep it.

but!

anybody with more info/experience on females diggen and kicken up dirt please share!

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Awww that sux dude. Sorry to hear about your amel. Hope you didn't hurt the dog tho... they are my first true passion :)

That being the case I hope your gal is gravid. Maybe give you the chance of getting another amel.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
just look at her belly, do you see eggs? Usually i know when my females are close to laying or i know they have laid is when i see eco-earth all over there tub...which means they were digging in their lay box.. just gently pick her up by her tail and look under at her belly...if you see eggs, she is gravid...that is the easiest way to tell :main_thumbsup:

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
just look at her belly, do you see eggs? Usually i know when my females are close to laying or i know they have laid is when i see eco-earth all over there tub...which means they were digging in their lay box.. just gently pick her up by her tail and look under at her belly...if you see eggs, she is gravid...that is the easiest way to tell :main_thumbsup:

the trouble is, i always think i see eggs... :D

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
the trouble is, i always think i see eggs... :D

Those are probably the fat pads you are seeing. Was she ovulating when you put the male in? Is she still ovulating? Once the eggs are really developed it becomes clear that you are looking at eggs, post a picture maybe we can help you out.

Visit our friends