Handling

clink51

:help: Handling

First off i would like to say that I'm new so if I'm in the wrong section please excuse the incorrect post.
I'm the happy new owner of my first normal which i did buy from a certain chain of pet stores. The only problem is that my lil Leo never comes out of hiding. See let me explain, before the tank was his, it belonged to my fish, and from that tank i kept only one figure which looks like a rock structure but is completely hollow. He dug under and now never comes out of there, not even at night. How do a help to familiarize myself with him, if he doesn't want to come out? should i be the one to drag him out or should i just wait?

i really am still new to this but here are somethings that might help:
UTH + 75WATT Light = 86-90 degree on hot end. 78-81 on cool side (where he likes to hide)
2 hides (3 if you include the one that wasn't meant to be burrowed under)
Crickets every other day
Calcium in a water bottle top 24hrs
Water restocked every day
Sand Substrate (please don't stone me)
Juvenile (as told in the petstore) Normy
Purchased him on Saturday Jan 30th (not yet a week old)

tips...ideas..:help: !!!!

Last edited:

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Training Friend

First off i would like to say that I'm new so if I'm in the wrong section please excuse the incorrect post.
I'm the happy new owner of my first normal which i did buy from a certain chain of pet stores. The only problem is that my lil Leo never comes out of hiding. See let me explain, before the tank was his, it belonged to my fish, and from that tank i kept only one figure which looks like a rock structure but is completely hollow. He dug under and now never comes out of there, not even at night. How do a help to familiarize myself with him, if he doesn't want to come out? should i be the one to drag him out or should i just wait?

i really am still new to this but here are somethings that might help:
UTH + 75WATT Light = 86-90 degree on hot end. 78-81 on cool side (where he likes to hide)
2 hides (3 if you include the one that wasn't meant to be burrowed under)
Crickets every other day
Calcium in a water bottle top 24hrs
Water restocked every day
Sand Substrate (please don't stone me)
Juvenile (as told in the petstore) Normy
Purchased him on Saturday Jan 30th (not yet a week old)

tips...ideas..:help: !!!!

Give this a try on making friends.
Take care. Hj

http://www.geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=36375

Visit our friends