Heat Pads and Plastic Tubs

sunshinegeckos

Has anyone used UTH with plastic tubs? Are they ok to use together? I am just worried about it melting the plastic. Also if you do/did did you use one per container or what?

fl_orchidslave

I've used a small mat for a 6qt rehab tub with no issues, but it's much more cost effective to use heat cable or tape for a quantity of tubs. Larger pads are higher wattage but I don't know how much would melt a tub.

GeckoDude31

Try using heat cable with a light dimmer to control the heat. This is what I will be using for my next tub.

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
Im using a UTH with my Dubia roach 5 gallon plastic rubbermaid tub setup with a thermostat currently with no problems if that helps at all.

bananaphone

i have 2 UTH heaters under my plastic shelves with no problems. the plastic is warm, but not melting and its been on for weeks now. i also keep a human heating pad under my dubia roach bin with no melting.

TranceZ

I actually did a test.

I used a normal Zoo-Med heat pad under a 6qt EMPTY tub with no thermostat in a controlled area.

I had temps up to 113 degrees inside the tub floor. Didn't melt or anything sure the tub got warm, but I think it would take a lot more heat to even start to melt.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I have to admit...I too have used a small zoo med heat pad under a sterlite plastic tub attached to a rheostat with no problems.

Dakota_Ghost

I've used an UTH with a thermostat under a plastic RUB and no problems. Put it this way, when we touch things do they melt? Human body temp is around 97f. The only way the UTH would melt the plastic is if it is faulty or is not being controlled by a thermostat.

Dakota

Visit our friends