Heat Problem

TheRed

I've been having problems with the heat in my geckos cage for awhile now. The digital thermometer would read anywhere from 87-102 degrees, so I decided to get a thermostat. I set the thermostat for 94 degrees. Ever since I've got it, my digital thermometer has read 94 at the lowest. It'll get up to about 96, turn the UTH off, then turn back on at about 94 again. I figured those were ok temps so no big deal. I got back from playing hockey tonight and the temp was 103! Do I have a faulty thermostat or thermometer or something? I thought the thermostat was supposed to cut it off once it got too hot. I've been stressing about the heat in my geckos tank since I got her and hoped the thermostat would help.
Here's the thermostat I'm using.
http://www.bigappleherp.com/BAH-1000-Thermostat?sc=2&category=15

TheRed

Also, I've noticed her poops don't look very digested. I'm thinking my thermometer might be reading the temps too high.

Neill

Gecko Elements
I would try keeping temp at 88-90 and see how high it reads. Maybe 88-90 will end up reading 95, play with the temp see when it REALLY shuts off and turns on UTH. I moved my probes around ALL THE TIME they are still never where i want them LOL.

TheRed

I turned the thermostat to 90 last night. I checked right before bed and this morning and it was sitting at 94. I'll keep monitoring it and looking into a new thermometer eventually.

Visit our friends