Heat set-up

Sicairoslb

Last week i bought a leopard gecko and so did my younger brother. My brother's gecko is very active however i haven't seen mine out of his two hides at all, except when i feed him. I'm wondering if the red light bulb i have on is bothering him? I am using a 75 watt red bulb and have a dimmer i bought from Home Depot so its only at half and i adjust it according to temperature. I also am using a UTH for ground heat.

Could the red light be affecting him by making him want to hide?

Should i use a black bulb instead?

Let me know, thanks in advance

Levi.

roger

Last week i bought a leopard gecko and so did my younger brother. My brother's gecko is very active however i haven't seen mine out of his two hides at all, except when i feed him. I'm wondering if the red light bulb i have on is bothering him? I am using a 75 watt red bulb and have a dimmer i bought from Home Depot so its only at half and i adjust it according to temperature. I also am using a UTH for ground heat.

Could the red light be affecting him by making him want to hide?

Should i use a black bulb instead?

Let me know, thanks in advance

Levi.

why are u using a bulb anyway? for heat or viewing ??

PaladinGirl

You don't need a light, just a UTH. Leos are nocturnal and need belly heat. I keep a 40 watt red light handy as a back-up in case it gets really cold in the room or my UTH malfunctions (I'm paranoid).

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
Angie the tank i brought is set up with two light's but i still have a red bulb coming on and off all through the day and night, it's how the system works but like yourself i like to know blaze is ok in all ways going.

Visit our friends