Heat tape Question

Heyzookeeper99

So i know everybody has a differnt opinion about heat tape and how to install it so i have a few questions because i just got some and need to installit for the first time.

1) What method is the best way to keep it down, Foil Tape (heard its not that good), Stapels, Duct tape (dont think this would work)

2) I made my rack out of mostly wood but i have like these metal drywall corners anyways im doing the heat tape in a zig zag form back and fourth and it will be touching this siding a little bit is this bad? and if so how can i fix this like with a covering or something?

Thank you guys so much for all your help
Nick

roger

So i know everybody has a differnt opinion about heat tape and how to install it so i have a few questions because i just got some and need to installit for the first time.

1) What method is the best way to keep it down, Foil Tape (heard its not that good), Stapels, Duct tape (dont think this would work)

2) I made my rack out of mostly wood but i have like these metal drywall corners anyways im doing the heat tape in a zig zag form back and fourth and it will be touching this siding a little bit is this bad? and if so how can i fix this like with a covering or something?

Thank you guys so much for all your help
Nick

I used thumbs tacks but make sure it is along the clear edges,if not you'll get create a hazard.I push it in alittle then use something flat to push the tacks completely in.Worked for me.If u have metal you need your thermostat grounded.If its not alot of metal you can cover it with electrical tape,but I definately would my a grounded thermostat like Herpstat

janjgeckos

I used foil tape on a dozen different racks and never had a problem in fact I prob know 20 other people who have done the same with no problems. Why dont you post pics of your rack so that it will be easier to answer your question

Visit our friends