Heating Question

Blakskall

Tyler B
I need to buy a new heating mat for my baby leopard gecko, the old one i had just made a hot spot and didnt really heat a side of my tank, i have a 10 gallon tank for my gecko, and right now im looking at buying either exo terra or zoo med heating matts, 2 questions, wat size? and what brand do u guys recomend? I also have a 100 watt red infared heat lamp for extra heat if thts any help, thanks

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Honestly I have a cobra heat mat a 6x11 7 watt and it heats at a consistant constant 100 degrees ona 20 long. I LOVE it. I never need to employ my secondary heat sources (an infra red or a blue night lite to keep temps) I have a zoo med on my son's snake tank and HATE IT. It's always a struggle to get consistant temps from it. His hot spot shouldn't take up the whole tank, you need a temp gradient from hot to cool so on a 10 gallon yould likely only want a 6x6 or 6x8 at the largest I would think to maintain that gradient.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
ultratherm is the original manufacturter of cobra heat mats before t-rexx bought the american market I believe. The uratherm has a 6x11 12 watt heat mat for their 20 gallon recommendation.

4180D6DNNAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I know the writing is small but you can make it out 10-20gallon size 12 watt. Wish I had found this before I bought my 7 watt.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AQTBW/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=ADN0WCSCOGOYP

Last edited:

Visit our friends