heating

blaster

i dont think my gecko is getting the correct amount of heat i am wondering ways to get it hotter .i have a heating pad and i placed it under the glass and i was wondering is there any other ways

blaster

my gecko also only says in the cold zone and i have 2 hides one for hot and cold but he only stays in the cold one and i had him 4 days and he still isnt eating

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
how do you know its not hot enough? I think the problem is that it is to HOT, that is why he is always on the cool side of his enclosure! You need a thermometer to measure the floor temp on the hot side, then if its too hot you have to get a rheostat or thermostat to set the temperature to 92'F.

Stress could be the primary factor your gecko has still not eaten.

blaster

ok well i have a thenometer on the floor now geting the temp and what does a rheostat do all iknow is that my heating pad is not adjustable

Tanleo

I think that it is too hot because he is staying on the cool side like Imperial said.So try putting a few more layers of paper towel over the heat pad

blaster

ya i just finish measuring the temo and the hot side was about 92 or 93 so that is way to high and i am measusing the cold side now to see what it gotta say about it how could i fix this? lay down some carpet on the heating pad like tanleo said ?

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I keep all my geckos at 92'F and a Rheostat controls the heat output of your heating element; howver, i dont think you will need one if your temps are 92'-93'F..

Last edited:

blaster

and i dont understand why he wont go into that other hide if i take his cold one out he climbs on his wall and stays there he wil bearly every go in there

blaster

ya i left the temp gauge on for a little long and it went up to 100 and it might have been going higher but u know that is too high so i jsut put down some carpet

Visit our friends