Help?

didgetspatch

A few days ago I moved Xander from his 2 foot viv into a 3 foot tank so he could have some more room to roam about it. Ever since the move he's been refusing to use the warm side of his tank. I tried swapping the caves about to see if that would work and it did for all of 5 minutes before he went back to the cave on the cold side. I tried moving his heat mat to the other side of the tank in case it was just him favouring that side and still he's gone back to the cold side of the tank :( Last night I think he must've been too cold, he was very slow and felt like a little ice block, I took him out for a little while and warmed him up and he perked right back up. I'm beginning to get to the end of my rope! Do I just give up now and return him to his old viv? The temperatures are all the same as they were before. I didn't wash his hides so that they smelled of him in hope that it would help him settle in. Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try?

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
Honestly I don't know what to tell you. When I moved mine from a 10 to a 20 he took a few days to settle in, but he still ate & moved from hot to cool side normally. And since your temps are the same, I don't see why he'd be acting different. Maybe he thinks its too big....idk

{Sent from Samsung Epic via Tapatalk}

Visit our friends