herpstat question

roger

I have the regular herpstat.the manual says that the herpstat can regulate between 80-130 deg fahr.My display only goes to 99.9 and then it goes back to 0.any suggestions on how to set it for 110 deg.manual is not really clear

aburningflame

hi roger.
i also have a herpstat. basically, to get around this...tape your probe somewhere cooler. if your probe is on the heat tape/cable and your herpstat is set to 99.9 and your inner temp isnt high enough - then move your probe like, an inch away from the heattape and start at 95F. wait an hour and use a digital thermoteter to test the temop inside the cage - if you get to 99.9 again and its still not hot enough - move the probe a lil further from the heat tape again.

repeat the process - probe positioning takes a while - took me about 4tries.

all in all im very happy with the herpstat

roger

hi roger.
i also have a herpstat. basically, to get around this...tape your probe somewhere cooler. if your probe is on the heat tape/cable and your herpstat is set to 99.9 and your inner temp isnt high enough - then move your probe like, an inch away from the heattape and start at 95F. wait an hour and use a digital thermoteter to test the temop inside the cage - if you get to 99.9 again and its still not hot enough - move the probe a lil further from the heat tape again.

repeat the process - probe positioning takes a while - took me about 4tries.

all in all im very happy with the herpstat

found the solution.If u want it set for 110 deg the display will read 10.just keep toggling it drops the 1.So if u want it set at 120 deg the diplay will only show 20 on it

aburningflame

are you sure u didnt adjust the night drop temp to 10?
i dont think it goes past 99.99 i tried this too.

set it to 99.99 wait a bit, then set it to 10 - see if hte temp goes up - i dont think it did in my case.

roger

are you sure u didnt adjust the night drop temp to 10?
i dont think it goes past 99.99 i tried this too.

set it to 99.99 wait a bit, then set it to 10 - see if hte temp goes up - i dont think it did in my case.

It has no night drop it the regular herpstat.i am sure.i have a temp gun .I was toldd by the manufacturer.The display says 10 and my temp gun measures 110.so if u want it set for 115 deg the display will read 15

aburningflame

:) ya , i never figured mine out - so i just moved the probe to a slightly cooler spot and readjusted the thermo. you have your tub temp set pretty high. i think ive found this is personal preference. ive seen tub temps at 85-95F. i keep mine at 90F :) so 92 thermostat keeps it around 88-90F :)

roger

:) ya , i never figured mine out - so i just moved the probe to a slightly cooler spot and readjusted the thermo. you have your tub temp set pretty high. i think ive found this is personal preference. ive seen tub temps at 85-95F. i keep mine at 90F :) so 92 thermostat keeps it around 88-90F :)

My heat tape is in a 1/8" groove so my tub never comes in contact with tape.I have to set it to 105 deg to get the surface temp inside the tub to 95-98 deg.i find my leos eat like pigs at that temp.

aburningflame

:) nice. i have heat cable set up directly on my shelf wood. then i have aluminmum tape on top of that. and the tub comes in contact with the aluminium foil tape.

:) keeps them nice and warm - my tang eats like a pig too :D

good luck with ur leos (btw im in toronto as well)

roger

:) nice. i have heat cable set up directly on my shelf wood. then i have aluminmum tape on top of that. and the tub comes in contact with the aluminium foil tape.

:) keeps them nice and warm - my tang eats like a pig too :D

good luck with ur leos (btw im in toronto as well)

Are you !! cool. Most of my leos are 70 grms or more.

aburningflame

aww i want that article. this is a fascinating subject for me.

i do think there is a risk for impaction - do geckos in the desert get impacted?
i would love to setup 1 natural "show" vivarium with my nicer geckos.

i really like the sand/stone concept. ive read a ton on the substrate debate - and i think the reason there is a debate is because of pros and cons. Obviously if every gecko died from sand impaction - there wouldnt be a debate.

Ive read on minimizing the risks of impaction and think there is a wealth of information.Would be interesting to see that article!!

Visit our friends