Hight of your tubs?

James Lamantia

I have read through a lot of care sheets in the past and I have heard that you need a minimum of 12 inches of height for your leopard geckos. This appears counter productive with a rack system too me. Most of the tubs that I have looked at are between 5-9 inches tall and most of the one I like are around 6 inches. Most of the rack systems that I have seen in the past are about this same size as well. So my question is this, has anyone had any adverse effects by keeping there leo’s in shorter tubs? I am in the middle of building a completely custom enclosure for my geckos and I’m trying to make sure it if perfect for them. I am also going to breed ands like most space is an issue, so shallow tubs would make more sense. Please let me know what you feelings are on the matter. Being that this is a custom enclosure I can use what ever tubs I see fit. Thanks in advance for your help.

James

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
I don't see a problem with 6" high tubs. That is what steralite containers that animal plastics uses.
Tub Size....17x11x6(15qt)
23½x17x6(32qt)

roger

I have read through a lot of care sheets in the past and I have heard that you need a minimum of 12 inches of height for your leopard geckos. This appears counter productive with a rack system too me. Most of the tubs that I have looked at are between 5-9 inches tall and most of the one I like are around 6 inches. Most of the rack systems that I have seen in the past are about this same size as well. So my question is this, has anyone had any adverse effects by keeping there leo’s in shorter tubs? I am in the middle of building a completely custom enclosure for my geckos and I’m trying to make sure it if perfect for them. I am also going to breed ands like most space is an issue, so shallow tubs would make more sense. Please let me know what you feelings are on the matter. Being that this is a custom enclosure I can use what ever tubs I see fit. Thanks in advance for your help.

James

I have a rack system with tubs that are 6 " high.Thats all they need in height space IMO.All of the major breeders have racks.

Visit our friends