Hot side too hot?

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Our Hot side has a surface temp of 100*F, and 91*F inside the hot hide. Living in FL, our average inside the house temperature is in the mid 80s during the day and high 70s at night. All we use for heat on our "Hot Side" is two small (smallest at Petsmart) under tank heating pads.

They don't seem to be bothered, actually, our females seem to enjoy the hot side most of the time. But, is this TOO hot?

Last edited:

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Oops. Probe was touching bottom. Hottest point at surface is 96 which seems better. Average is 92 on hot side. Hide is 92. Cold side is below 83 which is lowest my thermometer goes. I'd guess 75ish.

OnlineGeckos

Oops. Probe was touching bottom. Hottest point at surface is 96 which seems better. Average is 92 on hot side. Hide is 92. Cold side is below 83 which is lowest my thermometer goes. I'd guess 75ish.

Looks good to me, you want the hot spot to be 90-95 so you got it about right.

Tico

I have 50 gallon setup for my girls and i have two uth and i keep one at 95 and the other at 90 ....and the cool side stay at 75-85 ( room temp) and i have a moist and dry hide on those 3 diff spots ..and they like the hottest dry hide most of the time .....

Visit our friends