Housing 2 leos together

S

Serakus

Ok as of right now I have an adult male leopard gecko and a female juvi leo that is almost adult. I'm waiting for them to get around the same length and then I want to house them together. I'm aware that if i house them together they could mate and all but what I am worried about is that they have both lived solo for the time i've had them so would they be able to adapt to cohabitation? I have them housed in two seperate 10 gallon tanks and would move them to a brand new 15 gallon. Thanks for any help.

macksnow82

You can house them together but you will have to keep an eye on them so the male does not try to breed with the female to much also a 15 gallon is to small i would go with a 30 breeder tank or a 20 long

bjleemkuil

I've always heard that any smaller than a 10 gallon for one is too small, and putting two into a 15, which would be like having one in a 5 gallon and another in a 10 gallon, would probably be a bad idea as far as I know.

bjleemkuil

if you know of a p3tsmart by you, they sell decently priced tanks.

They really do. I got my 10 gallon for the baby I have for $11 on sale, and also my boyfriend got his 20 gallon long tank for under $30. I can't remember the right price, but they are "fish tanks" that are the exact same as the "reptile tanks" but with a heavier price to it.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
How big is your female? If you house them together they WILL breed sooner or later, so you don't want to introduce them unless she has reached a safe breeding weight. Do you have a plan for the babies?

Visit our friends