housing decor/hides

medeski

i am in dire need of places to get cage decor, i currently only have 1 hide and a water dish in a 40 gallon zilla tank. where are your favorite places to get things for your little guys/gals to play in/on.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Pet stores ....

THAT was helpful :main_rolleyes:

There's a few threads that have already been put up about some great places to buy herp supplies on line. have you tried the search bar, search for supplies?

Personally I think reptiledirect.com and LLL Reptile both offer a niceselection of cage furniture at reasonable prices

medeski

Pet stores ....
:main_thumbsdown::main_huh::main_lipsrsealed: yeh thanks

i already own everything at pet smart, the local shop mainly deals in snakes. its where i got my albino burm from, i have the paper work showing she came from bob clark as well :D

C C Gecko

If your looking for hides...... this is what I did. I went to your(my) local grocery store and buy big coconut and then is the tricky part. I use a what looks like an ice pick to poke a hole through one of the holes in the top to get the juice out. then I trace a line with a hand saw just enough to to get my jig saw blade in there and then I rotate that coconut and I get 2 big hides from 1 coconut coasting about 1 dollar. And they are always bigger than what I would find at a pet store.

Needless to say if your not handy with tools you might not want to try this without some practice or supervision.

medeski

Needless to say if your not handy with tools you might not want to try this without some practice or supervision.

im a certified electrician, my dad is a home builder, ive spent many, many hours on construction sites using power tools, i am very mechanically inclined with my hands, thanks for the great idea

C C Gecko

Glad to hear. good luck

oh yeah needless to say your gonne dig the coconut center out too before you use em and that same jigsaw you make the door too. But I am sure you could figure that. Just wanted to post it.

malves85

Make sure you have a humid hide in there too. I just throw moss into tuppaware containers and cut a hole in the lid.
You can get cheap for now and throw paper towel rolls in there until you find something else. The more hides the better.

Check out these websites:
Petmountain
lllreptile
drfosterandsmith
bigappleherp

medeski

I just throw MOSS into tuppaware containers and cut a hole in the lid.

the only MOSS i have access to is spanish moss and it carries red bugs commonly known as chiggers, not good for humans, especially not good for geckos, but thanks for the urls. :main_thumbsup:

fl_orchidslave

Check a garden center for orchid moss. Don't use spanish moss!!!! A lot of folks use paper towel in the humid hide. Also, while at the garden store, they have some nice decorative things that could be used in a gecko tank. You may see something that tickles your fancy :)

Visit our friends