HOw many days of no eating

rubym

before I should start to worry? I am sure that everyone has probably read about my littl esick Gecko, Akasha. She has been doing wonderful. She hit 40 grams and has been eating 7 or 8 1/4 crickets twice a day along with some silkies on Thanksgiving and the day after and 1 waxie a day. She has been up and hunting everyday for the past 2 weeks until yesterday. She didn't want food....I was surprised but figured that she would eat at last nights feeding time but she had no interest in her food. I went to feed her this morning and the same thing. All of our others except our 6 week old hatchling only eat once a day. I don't worry to much about them but she was so sick that I tend to over worry about her. How long should I wait to call her vet? Is she just becoming a normal gecko and not needing as much? It's not as if she is a porker or anything. 40 grams is alot better then 20 but.....she is a year old ( atleast that is what the horrid breeder told us). She should be bigger, right?:main_huh:
thanks,
Ruby

OSUgecko

A lot of leos go "off" their food (i.e., don't eat as often or as much) during the winter months - search recent "not eating" threads. I don't think you should worry at this point. When one of my females ovulated this fall she went for over 3 months without eating a thing on her own, and my vet couldn't find a thing wrong with her. Since then she has picked up her appetite and has been doing great.

rubym

Thank you OSU. As I said above, I wouldn't worry as much about the others. I wory about her having a relapse. The vet said she was bacteria and parasite free but I am a nervouse "mommy",lol. Thank again.

Visit our friends