Humid hide question. How do you keep moist

Mrgecko

I am slowly getting supply's for my future gecko. I am going to use paper towels in the humid hide. My question is, Do you mist the humid hide every couple days. If so do you leave your leo in there as you mist it or do you remove him?

Thanks,

mrgecko

Jusselin

not to thread jack you lol but i am seeking an answer myself to this question.... I normally leave the leo in it while misting just so i can mist him too. Although with my run of luck that is probably frowned upon =[

I use moss for my moist hide and its dry every time i check it.... do i spray it every day?

Mrgecko

not to thread jack you lol but i am seeking an answer myself to this question.... I normally leave the leo in it while misting just so i can mist him too. Although with my run of luck that is probably frowned upon =[

I use moss for my moist hide and its dry every time i check it.... do i spray it every day?

I was thinking of of leaving the leo in it as well with just a very lite mist. Just not sure if it is correct. I am sure some one will chime in and give us some good tips, advise for sure.

reps4life

I am slowly getting supply's for my future gecko. I am going to use paper towels in the humid hide. My question is, Do you mist the humid hide every couple days. If so do you leave your leo in there as you mist it or do you remove him?

Thanks,

mrgecko
I use paper towels myself. I toss and change the paper every time it dries up which is about every 2 days. If he is in it and I notice it's too dry, I pour a bit of water in.

Last edited:

Desdemona

I don't spray my hides with the Leos in it since I don't want them to not feel safe in their wet hide. If they really dislike being sprayed they might stop using it if you keep spraying them in it. I just wait till they are not in it. If they are in it a LOT you could always put in a second wet hide. If they are not shedding a few days of dry hide won't kill them, though if they are shedding I would highly recommend trying to put in a second. If you can poor a very small amount into it (eye dropper or something) vs spraying while they are in it, that would be another option.

Mrgecko

Thanks every one for the great info. I will have to watch my new leo when I get it. I hope to be able to keep the paper towel damp with out disturbing him/her. Since I am going to use vinyl floor tile I was thinking I could use some thing like an I dropper. Perhaps I could leave some extra paper towel out the back side of the hide and put a few drops of water on that and it would act like a wick to enter the hide??

Crazy?? lol

Mrgecko

One more question...

Is a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 3" square container big enough for a humid hide? I mean even for a full grow leo?

Im sorry for all the questions.

Visit our friends