Humid hide question

Mrgecko

I am going to set up a 15 gallon tank for one gecko. I am going to using vinyl tile for the floor. For the humid hide I was thinking I could use your every say cave/hide but put moss or coconut fiber wrapped In paper towels under the the heated side hide for it's humid hide. What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrgecko

Or could I paint the ugly cool whip bowl with krylon textured paint?

Hankj

I am going to set up a 15 gallon tank for one gecko. I am going to using vinyl tile for the floor. For the humid hide I was thinking I could use your every say cave/hide but put moss or coconut fiber wrapped In paper towels under the the heated side hide for it's humid hide. What are your thoughts on this?

I wouldn't do the coconut fiber in the paper towels. I have seen a few of my geckos tear up the paper towels for what ever reason so I would go with just paper towels.

Or could I paint the ugly cool whip bowl with krylon textured paint?

Yes. I did this with a notecard container.

Syris71

I think coco fiber is great for humid hides, seems to stay moist longer for me than paper towels. But most of my geckos love throwing the coco fiber around so it does get messy.
You also having to watch for ingestion too, I have 1 particular gecko that would eat his coco fiber and poop out coco fiber pellets (this how I knew). So he is back on paper towel humid hide.

Visit our friends