Humidity and Substrate...

ec0planet

I am getting my adult fat tail next week. I am getting the cage set up prior to his arrival, and am pondering which substrate to use. I will be feeding him outside his cage and/or with tongs(the breeder told me he has been feeding him w/tongs for awhile now), so I am not really concerned about him eating substrate by accident while eating. I was going to use paper towels for easy clean up though, as I have seen alot of setups on youtube who do this. With this though I am concerned about being able to maintain the 50-70% humidty levels. I am not sure a water dish alone will do the job. Anyone use paper towels and have no problems with humidity? Thanks!!

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I use paper towels for my baby tubs and have no problems with humidity, i do however, spray the paper towel with water 2-3 times a week. In my adult tubs i use newspaper, but i do supply them with a hide box filled with moist sphagnum moss or moist coconut fiber. That way they always have a humid place to go hide, shed, or just use it as they please.

GeckoGurl

I use coco fiber substrate and it works rather well plus she likes to burrow in it
picture.php

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
All my AFTs are offered a humid hide on the warm end of the rack. I give them all white paper towel which is sprayed in the mornings and evenings. They are thrive.

Visit our friends