Humidity question

Troy L

I have 2 gecko setups. One is a 10gallon that houses my male high yellow. Then 2nd is a 20gallon long that houses my 2 females. My question is my 20 gallong humidity is rought 30-32% humidity while my 10gallon is 45-50. How do you get the humidity out of the tank? Should or can I keep the moit hide out,till I notice he is going to shed? Then put ut back in when I notice he is ready to shed? Any suggestion on what to do?

Troy

monkeytechahoo

My daughter & I keep the moist hides in our geckos' cages at all times. My boy climbs in/out at different times. Can you leave a small open space at the top of your tank?

Troy L

Both setups have the mesh screen tops. On the larger tank I put a towl over 3/4 of the top screen. On the 10gallon It is screen and plastic and I don't cover it at all.

Troy L

I have read and searched for what a good humidity would be. I find anywhere from 30-50% and up to 40-60%. What is the correct range? I read low but 50 and 60% seem high. What do you keep your range at?

Troy

roger

I have read and searched for what a good humidity would be. I find anywhere from 30-50% and up to 40-60%. What is the correct range? I read low but 50 and 60% seem high. What do you keep your range at?

Troy

Dont get too hung up on humidity.they need a humid hide and a dry warm hide

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I'd say 40-50% is good; they'll probably do fine in 60%. As long as its not lower than 30 and above 70 for long periods of time, they should do fine.

Visit our friends