i need help!!

Dianabeth

Gecko Lover!
i have 3 geckos, yoshi, chloe and pepper.
they're all housed in separate tanks but yoshi's tank is the biggest, a 30 gallon tank. i got chloe a week ago and had her separated, i tried putting them together and everything seemed fine until chloe started following yoshi around everywhere and suddenly i was watching them and chloe walked up to yoshi, licked her face while she was in a hide and it looked like they were fighting and yoshi ran out with her tail wagging really fast. i just don't understand why they fight all the time, because i tried the same thing with yoshi and pepper and they fought. when i got yoshi, i got her from a breeder, but she got her from petco and she was housed together with chloe, and i bought pepper from a pet store and she was housed with three other females. i had to heating pads on 2 different sides and 4 hides >.< is there any possible way for them to get along? or i'm i just better keeping them separate?

prettyinpink

They are solitary animals...which should not be housed together, some people like to set them up together in a very large tank. But usually they do the 'natural' look, multiple hides and have their temp right.

I'd recommend on either splitting the tank up (putting dividers in) or getting individual tanks.

They're not going to 'get along' they're not a dog. They'll either put up with each other or fight for territory. Just how it is.

Good luck! :) Hope this helps!

Dianabeth

Gecko Lover!
i guess i need to just keep them separated like i have them now, it just sucks cause i have this huge tank with one gecko in it lol

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
first thing you need to do is properly quarantine chloe. she needs to be in a seperate enclosure for 60-90 days depending on who you talk to. are you sure of their sexes?

Dianabeth

Gecko Lover!
first thing you need to do is properly quarantine chloe. she needs to be in a seperate enclosure for 60-90 days depending on who you talk to. are you sure of their sexes?

i've looked at both of them and i'm positive they're both females
here's what yoshi's vent looks like, just so i'm sure cause i'm still kinda new
293evy9.jpg

i don't have a picture of chloe just yet

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
???

by quarantine i mean they need to stay seperated for 90 days. if by some chance chloe has parasites, she could transmit them to your other two geckos.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
k, sounds good. once you are absolutely sure they are all female, you can try again in 90 days. but if they do fight, you will most likely have to have seperate enclosures for them

Visit our friends