Introducing 3 new geckos to an established solo gecko..

youngarchitect

Hi,

So I've been on the hunt for some albinos for a while now,
I lucked out and got a package deal from the Urban Gecko.
It was too sweet of a deal to pass up really.
1 Male (24g) Phantom striped albino and 2 female albinos, both Tangerine Amelanistic and weighing at 29g and 30g.

The only problem is...
I have a 20 Gallon long with a normal striped single female in it. She's about 9 months old, measuring at 7.5 inches. I don't know how heavy she is.
She's got a good appetite and is in top notch condition.

Do you think I'll be alright with adding all 3 geckos in at the same time?
I know geckos aren't fish, but in some cases overwhelming population can reduce aggression.

I'll probably end up selling one of the females to be honest with ya, but do you think it will hold for a while?
The geckos are coming in Tuesday.

Too bad I just used my 10G tank for a kenyan sand boa.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

BSM

no dont due it, you need to quarantine any new animals before introducing anything. You dont want to spread any possible diseases or parrasites

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
The animals that you are getting need to be quarantined for at least 30-60days. I would recommend purchasing a 20L to put your new trio in. I know it sucks to have to buy a whole new setup, but honestly you really should have thought about that when you were purchasing your package =P lol. Not trying to be mean. Trust me, I have wanted to spring on some awesome deals... and then I realize.... I dont have room. lol

Visit our friends